An American staple, denim. At Paisley & Park, we love denim in its many forms and we love styling the beloved fabric in various outfits and looks. We have put together our guide to the basic denim styles that should be on your shopping list and how to pair them with other pieces in your closet to create the right look. Here are our top five pieces of denim to own!
- The Dark Wash Skinny Jean - The ubiquitous denim staple, the most flattering and the pair we tend to grab first in the morning. Pair with flowy bohemian tops and your chicest blouses to keep your propertions even.
2. The Distressed White Skinny Jean - The summer staple, we grab our white skinnies at the first sight of spring. This style is a refreshing change of pace, and can be paired with most tops, but we love contrasting with navy blue or black for a classic look.
3. The Flare Jean - Our favorite throwback jeans, we tend to pair our flares with more fitted tops, to keep the proportions in line. We gravitate towards wearing this style in the fall and spring, when the weather is most suited for this ground skimming style.
4. The Denim Jacket - Our favorite go to jacket, we love how we can style it with so many looks, especially white and black denim and our favorite swing dress in the summer. We suggest finding a more fitted denim jacket, so to keep the style looking chic and never frumpy.
5. The Chambray Shirt - The popularity of the chambray has been steady in the past few years, and we feel it will become a staple in most wardrobes. We love the ease and comfort of the fabric, and that it can be paired with white or black denim. We also love seeing chambray styled in tanks in the spring and summer as well.